Sunday, October 4, 2009

My first Mellow Yellow Monday Post

Well, here in Israel we've reached yet another holiday - Sukkot. Sukkot is a holiday with a lot of props - we build huts, and we buy all sorts of interesting plants. One of these is a fruit, called an Etrog, or citron, in English. Citrons come in many types - some are smooth, some are bumpy, some are large, some are small, and I've seen them in yellow, green, and even orange! One can find them for sale all over the country at this time of year, and I caught these on display this past Friday afternoon, while waiting for my husband and daughter to get a pizza:




To see the rest of today's Mellow Yellow photos, click here.

Happy Sukkot, everyone!

5 comments:

VioletSky said...

What an interesting looking fruit. What do you do with it for Sukkot?

Rose said...

I am googling Sukkot and trying to absorb what it is...also wondering about the fruit and what kind of taste/texture it has. All interesting.

Megan, Life Revamped said...

do you make it as a lemonade, or use it in cooking?? hmmm, i'll google it later. anyway, that's a great post for MYM!

please come and visit my place if you can!

xoxo

toby said...

Hmm... I may have bit off more than I can chew :) A concise explanation can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Species
Although the etrog isn't very sweet, a lot of people make jam or liqueur out of it after the holiday...

annies home said...

love all the green and yellows in this post great signs of fall