Saturday, February 13, 2010

An accidental shadow shot

There I was a couple of weeks ago, looking for some interesting windows or doors to photograph for Mary's weekly Wednesday meme: Window Views, and Doors, too! Something struck me about these windows, somehow, and I grabbed a quick shot. Only later, while I was downloading them onto my computer, did I realize that I had actually found a great specimen for Tracy's meme at Hey Harriet - Shadow Shot Sunday. What a lovely surprise! Here's the big winner:

 
 Nice one, right? As always, feel free to click on the photo to enlarge it, and get a better shot.
And do check out Hey Harriet to see more fun shadowy photography. That's where I'm going, right now! Happy Sunday, everyone!
 

7 comments:

Ralph said...

The shadows of the curvaceous tree seem to surround the arches over the pair of windows. The lack of angles and the arcs make this a wonderful shadow!

Sylvia K said...

What a lovely capture, Toby! I love the delicate pattern the limbs/branches leave silhouetted against the building and the reflections in the windows! Delightful! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

Chubby Chieque said...

Shadows is perfectly captured with the reflection touché make y0ur photo the best.

Haooy SS

bobbie said...

A truly beautiful shot. Perfect for SSS.

Unknown said...

I really like the shadows of this beautiful architecture!

Hey Harriet said...

That's awesome! I love how the tree branch shadows are so delicately framing the big windows. Looks like a charming old building too!

A Wild Thing said...

Yes it is a nice one and a good catch indeed for all your projects!