Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Windows for Wednesday

Perhaps you recall my shadowy windows from earlier this week. Well, right across the street from those, I found these, which I also found quite charming, in their own way:
Right? I really like their long vertical lines, and the way each set is similar, and yet different. I think they add a lot of interesting personality to this building - feel free to click on the photo to get a better view!
And don't forget to check out Window Views... and Doors, too! hosted by Mary. Happy Wednesday, everyone!

10 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Toby, how interesting! Is it an apartment building? Very sturdy architecture. I love the windows but look what they have to do to fit air conditioners... :)

Unknown said...

I agree that the long windows are attractive. Is the facade made of stone or brick? Whatever, the building looks like it will be around for centuries to come.

Carolyn Ford said...

Nice building! And, I agree, it looks like it was meant to be around for quite some time.

Carletta said...

I love any building made of stone. Always longed to live in a stone house.
I enlarged the photo and can't quite figure out what is in those windows on the left.
Nice find!

Mine’s here: Round The Bend.

VioletSky said...

I am imagining romantic privacy curtains on that balcony...

Kim, USA said...

I so like it. The walls is quite almost similar to some houses in the Philippines but this one is much beautiful and the windows I love it!

Windows and doors

Anonymous said...

I like the stone house it's beautiful.

Lew said...

Interesting architecture! Great shot of the windows.

toby said...

Thanks, everyone! By the way, if you guys like stone homes, Jerusalem is the place for you! By law, all buildings must be covered in "Jerusalem Stone." More modern buildings tend to use smoother stone, but the whole city is more or less this color :)

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Such a beautiful house - great pic!
Darryl and Ruth : )