Monday, June 18, 2012

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #29

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to everybody's favorite little meme!


Yes, once again we get a chance to see this week's showcase of whimsical windows, delirious doors, and anything architectural from all over the world! Here's my latest post from my walk a few weeks ago in the Yemin Moshe neighborhood of Jerusalem: I call it Imprisoned:

Isn't that sad, poignant, and a wee bit lovely all at once?

:)

Now it's your turn! Please link up to your Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors post, right here in the widget below! I can't wait to see what you've found. Thanks so much for participating - have a wonderful week, everyone!

5 comments:

Ralph said...

The window guard maybe keeps the place safer - sad indeed, but the urban artist can use the steel as a sort of trellis if needed...old architecture is wonderful in this series, the stone is cut so stylishly, the window bog enough to bathe the plants in lots of natural light as well as well as the inhabitants. Cool!

Willow said...

Like Ralph, my first thought was security. Having lived in a place where a potted plant would have been stolen from my porch within 24 hours, I like the idea of securing my treasured plants behind bars. This was a great find, Toby.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

There seem to be such artistically designed window bars there in Israel, and they look so good contrasted with the stone walls.

sparrow said...

This is lovely Toby, somehow the vertical lines enhance the plants lines. Well shot.

Willow said...

Thanks for fixing the link, Toby. I don't know what was wrong.