Sunday, September 9, 2012

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #41

Wow! Who would have believed that our sweet little meme is already in its 40's??
Time just flies when you're having fun!
Here's some more fun architecture that I found in downtown Jerusalem:
I really like this building! I couldn't place exactly what it was about it that made it stand out to me, but I think that it might be the terrace way up there, on the same level as the roof. There's something funky going on there...

Now it's your turn! To participate in Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors!, just post a photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and then sign up in the widget. Thanks for playing along - have a great week, everyone!


5 comments:

sparrow said...

That's lovely, I'm just trying to place where it is. I love the way the glass bricks have been used. I'm sure it maximises the light well inside the shops.

Off topic, I appreciated your husband's blog today in the TOI. I have also dumped ANYTHING with sugar in it - I won't touch anything "pre made" and if a tin of something has more than 5 ingredients, I don't touch it. I am sure in the long run, I will live longer because of the decision:-)

Lesley said...

There are so many things going on with this building. It almost looks like two different buildings stacked on top of each other!
I do like those ground floor windows, though.

Ralph said...

This is a lovely building with more character tha we see over here - the balconies harken back to a far different era and I like the use of glass brick in the windows that allows a lot if light in while keeping a bit of privacy too. A beauty!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Yes, those roof-level balconies are an interesting and unexpected feature. I love the blue borders around the windows and doors.

LindyLouMac said...

Unusual I like the windows and the general architecture.