Monday, February 25, 2013

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #65

Welcome back to your favorite little meme!
Well, for most of us, Purim was yesterday - what fun! I hope to post photos soon of all of us in costume, our little dog included. But today, those in Jerusalem and other walled cities are celebrating the holiday. And so, in honor of Jerusalem, I present another storefront door from my recent walk through that holy city. This is one example of many, many tiny stores that are a few steep steps down from sidewalk level. Not terribly accessible - but very amusing, I find. I tend not to go into these - I'm pretty clumsy even when walking on relatively flat ground, and I don't risk tripping down stairs unless I have a really good reason to. But they definitely aren't like anything I ever saw growing up in Chicago!
Now it's your turn! To participate in Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! just post your photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and then post it in the widget. Don't forget to check out what everyone else has posted, too - that's the best part!
Happy Purim - have a wonderful week, everyone!

3 comments:

Ralph said...

It is true that these step down do require the climb down to be handled with dexterity. Yet they offer a stylish and underwhelming charm - the sales people do not need offer a hard sell, the intriguing look down the staircase compels our visit. Nice post, charming city!

Dina said...

I seemed to have missed these basement stores. Maybe I go to the wrong neighborhoods.
Glad there is a banister.

I found Nimrod looking out the windows and glass doors of the Israel Museum.

sparrow said...

I love these "climb down" shops in Israel, but like you Toby, I'm a klutz and have to be careful where I put my feet, arms, knees etc. I wouldn't be able to resist this one.