Sunday, August 3, 2014

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #140

Welcome back to your favorite little meme!
Today was particularly hard. Something about our soldier named Hadar Goldin, who at first was presumed kidnapped, and only later determined to be deceased, really got to me. Maybe it was just his radiant smile, maybe it was that he was engaged to be married, maybe it was the brief hope that we all held that he was actually alive, I don't know. Whatever it was, I had a hard day.

But I think I promised not to be political here. I'm supposed to be concentrating on photography, right? So here goes - the next installation of windows and doors from Kiryat Moshe, in Jerusalem. This is actually pretty cool, here's an interesting building that I found when I was walking to my brother-in-law's house. It's actually a yeshiva!




Nice, right? But wait, it gets better :)

On the way *back* from dinner, I happened to glance over and notice that it looked even cooler in the dark! And so, here's the final view:
Now it's your turn! To play along with us at Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! just post your photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and sign up in the widget, below. Then go and visit the other players, after all, that's the best part :) Thanks for stopping by - have a peaceful week, all!

6 comments:

Dina said...

Oi, yes, it was a sad day. So many funerals for our soldiers.

The yeshiva you show is beautiful.
I don't want to make you any sadder but that is where a gunman walked in and killed 8 boys in 2008.

Ralph said...

The yeshiva is beautiful - with the world as unstable today, to be able to study the word of a just God and hope for his justice is what we need today...

Jim said...

Interesting windows

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I like the golden glow of the Yeshiva windows at night!

Sad news about the soldier -- war is a tragedy for many! In my post we mourn a soldier lost in Viet Nam. I hope peace comes soon!

Anonymous said...

Y-w-h is the G-d of justice. In the long run, His love is more powerful than the evil in this world! Take heart and courage, Toby:)

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Shalom Toby. Those windows remind me of sails, and at night they are full of light. When I first saw Hadar's face several days ago the radiance of his smile and the light in his eyes made me grieve to think what might happen. There is so much to grieve about . . .